When I was younger, I’d often blame “the system” instead of myself.
I’d say things like:
- I don’t fit in
- I don’t like school
- I don’t want to get a job
- I don’t need a job to be successful
Recently, I realized how unhealthy of a mindset that was.
My ignorance isn’t a fault of “the system.”
Sure, there may be some injustice in a system. Nothing is perfect.
A much healthier mindset is:
- How do I improve the system?
- What needs to change for me to succeed?
- What disadvantages do I have and how do I overcome them?
Outright rejection doesn’t lead to anything meaningful. Instead, it’s better to question things and carve a new path in the face of uncertainty.
Education coupled with action leads to liberation from any system.